Sunday, October 2, 2016

Monday, October 3

Am in Savannah Georgia. I did not realize that Savannah is one of the busiest ports. We saw a huge container ship sailing up The river to the port yesterday.

 Savannah's twomain industries are shipping and tourism. The city is almost  defined  by the large number of parks or squares that you find. The trees are unbelievably beautiful. Many many live oaks with Spanish moss hanging from every limb. There are statues in every square.  There is a Polasky Square, and Oglethorpe Square, and many other figures of historical significance. The older houses and homes are magnificent. One very interesting one was the house that was used in the movie midnight in the garden of good and evil.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I remember that movie and house! Looks like you really got to know Savannah. I used to go to the Oglethorpe mall! I have good memories of being in that area. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember that movie and house! Looks like you really got to know Savannah. I used to go to the Oglethorpe mall! I have good memories of being in that area. 😊

    ReplyDelete