Monday, September 12, 2016

Mon. 11pm
I left Austin about 10 o'clock  heading for the lake Conroe area north of Houston. After wandering through the back roads between Austin and my eventual destination I arrived about 3:00 PM.  My journey took me through the small Texas towns of Lexington, Caldwell, Navasota, and on into Montgomery. One of my first thoughts on the beginning of the journey  was to stop at snows barbecue in Lexington. The idea was good the result was not. To my chagrin I discovered that snows is only open on Saturdays.
 Driving the back roads is really a very pleasant experience. For the most part it was just a 2 Lane Highway rolling through I guess South Central Texas. The sky was full of puffy white clouds which are beautiful. The towns are full of older houses and buildings which are equally beautiful in their own way

 Got together with cousin Colleen, and whose house I am sleeping, and we went and visited her older sister Judy followed by a stop at cousin Anita's house in the Woodlands in Texas. Anita is the artist that did the charcoal drawing of Bonnie that many of you have seen.

2 comments: